Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Where sld i go next?

One of the biggest questions that has really been on my mind for quite a while is what i would do after i ORD on 12 May 2011...

I have 2 options... to extend a 6mths contract in the SAF and be an OCS instructor? or the second option is to work full time into sports ministry in church...

I have been praying and seeking different opinions from many people in church, in sports ministry and fellow officers in the army. And right till now i don't really have a firm idea of which path i would take next...

1) The temptation of continuing in a force as a short term full lieutenant regular, as a diploma grad wld actually get me abt $2500 a mth! which is quite a hefty sum compared to other jobs one cld take as a fresh grad! And the pragmatic side of me would see it as possibly saving up before i go into full time ministry in the future.

2) The other part of me is to just go right into my passion which God has place in my heart, which is to really dedicate the next 2 yrs of my life full time into sports ministry before i go into a bible college. And even though one won't really earn much, a former coach of mine have actually encouraged me to go right into it and to trust that God really can provide for my needs, and i don't have to worry abt money which is what mainly me consider the former.

Dear Lord, Where do you want to sent me next? I believe i'm ready to step into the area you want me to go! =)

No comments: