Tuesday, December 18, 2007

WESLEY YM CAMP 2007 at Singapore Sports School!!!!! (13-16 December 2007)

WESLEY YM CAMP 2007 at Singapore Sports School!!!!! (13-16 December 2007)

Back at the Singapore sports school again!And It really brought me many good memories as i step into this place again! I WLD ALWAYS rmb this place was where my LIFE was CHANGE 2 yrs ago.
I want to say this is the MOST different YM CAMP ever! And i actually felt that this camp was actually much more deeper than before. Didn't anticipated many things that happen in this camp but i can outright say this camp is where GOD REVEALED THE MOST to me out of all the YM CAMPS that i have been too.

And this is the first camp i have prayed soooooooooooo much too! Its like nearly 24/7 from
day 0 to day 4 praying at different times with different ppl at different places... And i believed the many prayers in this camp made it so successful.

Before i share abt my SPIRITUAL experiences with GOD.... wanna share abt my camp grp!
I think this cld be the closet i felt to any ym camp grp ever!

MY Group! -SINAI!
Samantha- My wonderful AGL.... really really glad that i cld lead SINAI along side her! Really encourage by her passion for God and hope to see more youths in YM like her!
Annabel- The prayer i/c for this camp! Another person im glad to be in the same grp too! Got to know her better from this camp. And a fun person to be with and talk to!
Elliot- A really nice guy!Got to know him ever better from this camp!
Melissa- One of the most outgoing and enthu member in SINAI!
Dennis - The guy that encourage me the MOST! Was really encourage by his sharing to me after the camp that he really wants to change his life and surrender totally to God and grow in his christ-likeness! IM SO HAPPY FOR HIM! =)
Gilbert- HAHA! this BIG MUSCULAR guy is so funny lor! Another guy that im really encourage to have in Sinai! Really glad he accepted Christ too!
Theon- HAHAH! one playful boy! But im really glad that his willing to change his way of living too!
Lou Hao- Another playful boy! But its good to have such ppl around in a grp.
Wei Ian (Treye)- Another guy im really so encourage, especially when God really touch his heart and he accepted Christ!
Caleb- Glad to see him really getting touch by God and his passion for Him.
Michelle- Didnt get to know her that well yet as she only cld come on day 2 night. But she seem nice.
Clarissa- She has some blur looked person! Heh!=P...oh well, Got to know my fellow cross trainer better too! Muscular Gal! hahah!
Sarah- A really nice sweet girl.Was so glad that she really open up in the later part of camp, she was really quiet on the first day.
Rachel- The youngest girl in the grp.Was really glad to see her being able to experience God during this camp.
Eunice- Our grp mentor! Glad to have her guiding our grp in spiritual discussion.

MY Spiritual Experience!(THE VOICE OF GOD) GOD REVEALED SO MUCH!
Day 1... pastor Alvin was sharing abt how to soak in the presence of God and to be sensitive to the heart of God. And on the first service of camp as he was sharing steps to be soaking in the presence of God. HE gave us like abt 5mins time of silence AND... than SUDDENLY in the midst of quietness.. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE! I heard a voice! It seem as though somebody called me on my left side of my ear. It said "HEY BEN". Just this 2 words. It sounded a little like isaac lim, and i was unsure at first if any of my grp mates around called me. But i check with them and they say they didnt. So till now im a bit in AWE abt it! Was it really a VOICE OF GOD! it seem so normal when i heard it! Like somebody casually talking to me! But i really believed it was from GOD! and as i went to the altar during the altar call, right after getting prayed for i went to the back of the auditorium and i saw a sight of youths infront really worshiping their hearts out .And i almost teared when suddenly this huge presence just fell upon me as i saw that.

Day 2 was really a lot of bonding and sharing with my grp mates... and this is something i never shared to anyone yet... (back-tracking) on the first day the same sermon by Pastor Alvin... at the start he ask everyone to quieten their hearts and hear what God want to tell us abt out destiny. And the thought of "to minister to others" kept appearing in my mind. I dunno why but.. i believed it was from God. AND... INDEED i got the chance to do so on day 2. As over lunch, i decided to take this chance to talk to Dennis. And i was really glad somehow God told me to talk to him, and he opened a lot to me. I shared my personal experience with God and hope i really ministered to him during that time. During day 2, we also had a lot of edifying conversations abt Christianity after the workshop "why do the innocent suffer?" By adriel. We even invited him to our table after lunch to ask some deep questions. Really glad to really have such christian discussion with bel and mel during this period after that.

day 3(another DIVINE appointment)
It was so strange how i was suddenly appointed as workshop I/C for Rev James Singh. I felt kinda inferior at first to be being this pastor personal assistant for the day. As i had to pick him up, then show him around, and hearing so many wonderful stories abt this ANOINTED preacher really got me excited in meeting him personally. His workshop was on "DEEPER CONVERSATION WITH GOD" and it was just SO TIMELY when i heard this! Everything he said spoke to me deeply! Some of the key points he shared to have such conversations with God was....
-you need to be in the house and PRESENCE OF GOD
-We need an Open Heaven
- We need to be clense and holy before God
-come in Humility
-and one of the main thing that i agreed totally was... BE STILL and know who is GOD
and BE QUIET! spend time of really total quietness not even saying or praying anything. Just wait for the lord and let God speak to you.
He even had a altar call session after his workshiop! Everything abt his workshop was really really good!

After that...he gave me a personally sign book! Im really so bless by him. I also took the chance to ask him abt the VOICE i heard on the first day. And ask him for more advice on really hearing the voice of GOD. As some knows that, this is something i really desire for a very long time. Is to really HEAR THAT STILL Small voice from God.

And you know what it didnt stop there..somehow i dunno why..but EVERYONE is talking abt hearing the voice of God thru out this camp. Like we had a leaders meeting before the FINAL nite and Adriel pointed out the passage from the bible abt Elijah hearing that still small voice from God too! So somehow! God has been telling me alot and revealing a lot to me abt it.

Night Rallies...
Pastor Howe- first day message abt PRE-MADE DECISION.. "others can, I CANNOT"... Well just a sharing on the first nite altar call... i was somehow suddenly put as an altar call minister to pray and NOT to be the support catcher as i was originally suppose to be as i wasnt a mentor or ysgl. And den....during the altar call...i didnt plan to actually pray for anyone personally, as dunno if i was up to it yet...den suddenly a mentor asked me to pray for this particular youth who was a pre-believer that i didnt even know. And i really believed it was God's plan for me to minister to that boy. And i heard from the leaders of his grp after that nite that he was a change person after that night.
second day spoke to me more abt the need to reach out and really to live your life for OTHERS.
And although i was convicted by that message, i felt i sldnt be ministered but to minster to OTHERS instead during the altar call. So i prayed for 4 ppl i knew and WOW ..i NEVER knew i cld pray that much! And the words just flowed out of my mouth as i prayed for these ppl. I really cld tell i was praying by the Spirit and not from my own mind. It really felt good being abt to pray,encourage and minister to others.

DAY 4- A very hard PRE-MADE DECISION i made......
I wld never ever thought i wld share this on my blog ever... well to start if off first... the very first nite.. i tink when pastor howe was talking abt clubbing, it hit many of the youths around my age. As i know of many, even leaders who club. And even i got to admit now. That i have been clubbing abt 2 times the last mth and i actually got to say i really enjoyed it as i went with close christian friends and MAMBO nite is really seriously quite fun! doing all those oldies mass dances and such. And you know what... i actually had my own stand on clubbing even after that sermon and even till day3 as my small grp had sometime of sharing during the nite. Soe,vyan and me mention clubbing to our grp and had some discussio over it, and i knew a lot more like elliot and bel who were also part of our "we mambo" grp was actually shocked when pastor howe mention abt clubbing on day 2. And i actually cldnt let go of it totally...bcoz this coming wednesday we actually planned to go for MAMBO nite again at zouk. AND DEN... on day 4... during the sharing of testimonies..SUDDENLY almost half that went up was talking abt clubbing! ITs like GOD really spoke to many of us. I never knew it actually created quite a WHOO-HAA.. and i still had my stand that it was ok to club if you go with the right intention..until... Ivan shared something from the bible that actually make me thought more. And i was still saying in my mind that its actually perfectly fine bcoz i really can control myself. And den the last person joanne shared abt being tempted for such things.. what she said kinda assured me abt how we will never know how we might slowly move closely to the danger line if we are not careful. And its true in clubs many things in there are unsightly. From then on... i thought more deeply... abt making a premade decision.. if others can..i cannot. IT was very HARD...but after the sharing i was talking to Bel and when she told me she felt the same way as me! I was so much more relieved! As i guess God told us both that... why not do something more edifying instead. So i guess from ONLY the last day of camp.. i finally made the PRE-MADE decision to let go. And not to club anymore. So this Wednesday we will do something else with the "we mambo" grp not to club but something that we can edify one another better. ITS A VERY HARD DECISION...but i believed God's grace will really be there for us if we glorify him. =)

No comments: